Monday, March 05, 2012

Return to Apple Country

I've just returned from a trip higher in the mountains to visit Victorious English school, and help start the new term. I always love going there. I stayed a week, teaching each day from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm, and training the teachers some days in the afternoon. The new school year is just beginning. Bill hired a new teacher this term, Sangeeta. I really like her. She is teaching 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Thanks to a donation from Aunty Glenda, I was able to purchase some needed supplies, and some equipment for the school. Here are some photos from my latest trip. I hope these will help you pray for this rural school.
 The kids loved the tee ball set!

While I taught, the teachers and Pallu were gathered around a warm fire!
 Duck, duck, goose!
 Making name cards.
Principal Bill and his new desk.

 I taught the kids how to use tools to play with the Playdough.
 I love returning to the village across the river to visit these little sisters and brother.
 his is the goat I wanted.
This is the ewe I bought. Her wool and lambs will help Bill's ministry.
 The road home.
The roads were good -no trouble. The avalanches were cleared away, and the weather was great.