Friday, March 30, 2012

PREPARING FOR EASTER

I just love this time of year! I love any holiday that gives me opportunities to share my faith in Jesus Christ. What better time to share the reason for the hope that is within me that EASTER, or as I prefer to refer to it, RESURRECTION DAY!
I started this week preparing my Moms and Friends Bible Club for our Easter party by sharing about Jesus' entry into Jerusalem. I have some lovely picture books to help get the idea across. This was the beginning of Holy Week. In just five days He would go from being heralded into the city with "Hosanna in the highest," and waving palm fronds to being savagely beaten, forced to carry his own cross, and then left to die upon that cross.
But Hallelujah! We know the rest of the story!
Sunday, I will go to a very remote area and witness many being baptized as their sign of standing with Jesus Christ. After lunch, S, Nan, and I will lead a Breast Cancer Awareness program for the new believing women and their unsaved friends and relatives. We are praying many more will choose to follow Jesus.
On Friday before Easter, many area churches will have Good Friday services. I will participate in Pastor Ajay's service. Saturday, I will have a party for the Big Girls Bible Club. And I also plan a party for the Children's Home. Sunday, I will be at Pastor M's church. I covet your prayers for all these events.
K and I made a family of bunnies from socks. To make, fill a sock to just above the heal with lentils. Secure with a rubber band. Wrap another rubber band just below the heal to form the head. Tie a ribbon around the neck. Hold out what's left from the rubber band and cut from the top to the rubber band forming two ears. Trim and shape into ears. We used glue to fix two google eyes, a felt nose and white felt teeth to the face, but you could use markers, fabric paint, or embroidery floss to make the features. We took another couple of small rubber bands and formed two front paws.


EGGLESS CARROT CAKE

1 1/2 cups flour                                                         1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar (brown or white)                                   1/2 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp baking soda                                                      1/4 tsp salt
1 cup finely grated carrots                                        3/4 cup water
1/2 cup melted butter or vegetable oil                      2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp vinegar                                                              1/2 cup walnuts -chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 175 C
2. Mix dry ingredients and spices until well blended.
3. Add grated carrots. Stir until blended.
4. Add wet ingredients and nuts. Mix thoroughly and pour into a greased 8 inch pan.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cupcakes take about 25 minutes.
I frosted with cream cheese frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment