Wednesday, November 09, 2011

New Moms Come to Moms and Friends

I love it when one of the ladies brings a friend. I now have 12 neighborhood women who come to my weekly Bible and cooking class. Usually about 5 or 6 come in a given week. Each week I pray for them and for their families. They are starting to bring me requests. I color a page for them in my prayer book. Most are practicing Hindus but I have more Sikh families that I first thought. I have one Buddhist mom.
Today, I told the same story about Lot's wife that I told to the girls, but I added the part that happened after they fled Sodom and Gomorrah. I also have different applications for the moms.
We made baked potato appetizers in the microwave. They enjoyed this yummy dish.
Take four medium potatoes, wash, peel, and prick with a fork.
In a microwave safe bowl, cook on high for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, boil a cup of corn with a tablespoon of butter and some salt to taste.
In a small bowl, add 2 tablespons of chopped onion and 1 green chili sliced, seeded and finely chopped.
Add a bit of butter and microwave for 30 seconds. Add to the drained corn.
Slice the potatoes in half and scoop out a hole in the center.
Fill the hole with the corn mixture and top with grated cheddar cheese.
Return to the microwave for 1 minute. Serve warm.
Next week they want to make something with pumpkin! My topic next week will be giving thanks, and pumpkin will fit right in! I want to share some of my culture with them.