Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Big Girls Bible Club Easter Celebration

Right after the Grace Home party, the Big Girls came for their Easter party. Instead of using the Story Bag to tell His Story, I used homemade Resurrection Eggs. I let the girls each choose some eggs and open them to reveal the contents as we went along. They seem to enjoy opening the eggs, and trying to tell what the symbol reminded us of in Jesus' story.
 "What's in the egg?"
 Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.
 The empty egg reminds of the empty tomb. "He is Risen! Just as He said. Go quickly and tell His disciples."
 The contents of the eggs
 Thank you Aunty Marilyn and Aunty Sarah for sending the "He's Alive" bookmark kits.

 Displaying their finished bookmarks. Prayerfully, they will take to heart His message and someday soon choose to follow Jesus.
 "You came from heaven to earth to show the way."
 Keeping with our new life theme, I made butterflies from the Tootsie Pops the guys gave me.
I was so happy to find lilies at one of the two flower shops in town. Felt like Easter. I am so thankful I could share the true meaning of this most special holiday with the neighborhood girls and their moms.
He is risen!!! Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment